[C320-list] Bilge Diesel

Amiraults Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 29 15:39:26 PDT 2015

Guys:

THANK YOU ALL for your responses. In the yard today I finished launch prep
for Bear. While there I looked at the bilge again, and it may merely be
wishful thinking, but I noticed little more fuel from the day before. If
this is the case, then it truly may be that I am suffering a spring heat
expansion of fuel problem. If this is the case, then I have been offered a
strategy to address it.

If a new tank is needed, then I now have a strategy to address that too. I
was following Jeff’s effort to get an improved tank design, but I suspect
that it will prove not for me. One of his design goals is to gain larger
fuel capacity. Where I river sail, the largest seasonal consumption I have
ever experienced is ¾ tank. Locally the problem is not insufficient fuel and
range, but rather ageing fuel in tanks not emptied from year-to-year.

So I will empty out the locker Monday and pull the shelf to get a look at
the tank in hopes of confirming a fitting leak rather than a tank failure.
At least I shall sleep better ‘til then as the way now appears clear. Be not
surprised if some of you get off-line emails once I have determined causes.

This is such value for money!!!

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too

---