[C320-list] Knot meter

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Thu Apr 30 19:37:35 PDT 2015

I feel dumb. Knot meter hasn't worked since the last bottom job. I thought the yard guys bent the little paddle wheel with the sling, but I just hauled it again and there isn't a little paddle wheel. There's just this little round lens in the middle of the through hull, flush with it. Same for the depth sounder, which seems to work fine.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to why the knot meter might just quit? How does the gizmo in the hull know how fast you're moving through the water?

Any insights, no matter how obvious, are appreciated.

Denny Browne
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach

Sent from iPhone, sorry for typos, grammar, etc...