[C320-list] Hull makeover

Marko Jamnik markojamnik55 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:39:17 PDT 2015

Not a good time to be planning a fall, winter project, but here it goes.

Sail number 304 - 1995. I had purchased the boat in 2010 and have brought to lake Ontario. Prior to that it had been in Baltimore and I have no idea how many times it was hauled out for inspection, not many. I did a cosmetic fix, sanding and drilling out three blisters the first season, there after sanding and applying Micron. Tried to sand down the blue antifouling paint that had been there, some success in areas and other location not. Over the last five years I've had no more blisters and I'm finding that every year more of the blue paint peels here and there exposing the inter protect layer.

The challenge here is do I sand blast. peel the hull or any other method.  Is it worth while doing it myself or am going to regret the challenge. My thought here is to have some do one of the above options and then I will do the remainder, epoxy, interprotect, sanding and antifouling which should put me on the door step of launch time.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Marko jamnik
Marquesas 304
Lake Ontario