[C320-list] Replace fuel filter/BLEEDING

Tony Murphy tony at midwestphysics.com
Mon Aug 17 11:23:33 PDT 2015

Jeff,

A word of caution possibly to others.  I have seen advice on the Internet that discusses filling the primary filter with diesel after changing out in order to prime the system.  But most of what I have read advises AGAINST filling the secondary filter with diesel to prime it.  The standard wisdom seems to be that if you fill the SECONDARY filter with diesel fuel from a can, you have the possibility of introducing contaminants that will make it straight to the engine and injectors because you have bypassed both filters with this small amount of fuel.

I have no real-life experience with this, but it seemed to make sense.  I would ask others with more experience to chime in.

Tony Murphy
Bella Sol #886
Walker, MN