[C320-list] Transmission Drive Flange Bolts Fall Out

kendgb kendgb at aol.com
Thu Aug 20 09:41:45 PDT 2015

The transmission on #765 is a Kanzaki KM2P.

The flange bolt heads are not drilled for
Wires and I do not see a point to that as the nuts are not held even with a lock washer an so could come lose even with the bolt heads wired.

My neighbour's Hunter 35.5 had nylock nuts, a better idea than what is on this boat. Imho

I checked my torques today and found that the field fix with wrenches met or exceeded the specified 36 ft-lb.

I will continue to search for some fine thread hi strengh metric bolts and nylock nuts as time permits in order effect a better fix.

Ken

Sent from Samsung Mobile