[C320-list] Fwd: Holding Vent Hose Replacement

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Mon Aug 31 11:17:45 PDT 2015

All,

As a follow-up to this discussion, I tore apart the walls in my head
compartment this weekend to survey what parts would be needed and where
everything was situated. In my boat (1996 hull #350), the vent is
located behind the upper panel above the medicine cabinet. This is the
panel where the AC outlet is installed. After removing 4 screws from the
panel and one screw from a wiring cover to the fluorescent fixture, I
was able to get in there.

Because of where my vent line is located, my situation will require a
90° fitting. The Forespar fitting (part number 906024) specified by Jeff
and others is a straight through fitting and will likely protrude too
far on the inside and require a tight bend in the hose, which will
obviously restrict air flow, which runs counter to the entire purpose of
this project.

I called Forespar this morning to discuss my situation and they
recommended that I purchase 2 parts as follows: 906012 and 901007. The
first part is a 3/4" threaded thru-hull without the hose barb on it. The
second part is a 90° fitting that will thread onto the thru-hull. The
non-threaded end of the elbow has a 3/4 hose barb on it.

Links to parts here:

http://www.forespar.com/products/boat-marine-plumbing-mushroom-head-threaded-thru-hull.shtml

http://www.forespar.com/products/boat-marine-plumbing-elbow.shtml

Hopefully this will help any of you that are having a similar problem.
This is my very next project, on strict orders from the Admiral! The
parts are on order now.

---
Doug Treff
Catalina 320 - 1996 - September Song - #350
http://savvysailor.blogspot.com/
doug at treff.us

On 2015-08-25 16:27, danny at jensenshouse.com wrote:

> I re plumped my head also, and had extra
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> On Aug 25, 2015, at 11:22 AM, Doug Treff <doug at treff.us> wrote: Danny, Really surprised that you needed 25' of 3/4' tubing. Having not disassembled mine yet, maybe I just don't understand the path it follows. Did you really need that much, or would you have purchased a shorter length in hind sight? --- Doug Treff Catalina 320 - 1996 - September Song - #350 http://savvysailor.blogspot.com/ [1] doug at treff.us On 2015-08-22 07:37, danny at jensenshouse.com wrote: I used TRIDENT VAC XHD SANITATION HOSE (FDA) (WHITE,HEAVY SMOOTH WALL) , 3/4 tubing ~25 ft @ $1.62 / foot at MMI marine. While I was at it I upgraded my head to a Raritan PH II marine size $275.00 (hodges marine) and swapped out the 1 1/2 inc. hose with TRIDENT PREMIUM WHITE RUBBER SANITATION HOSE 1 1/2" ~30 ft @ 6.62 /ft MMI marine. The total hose cost was $260.

Links:
------
[1] http://savvysailor.blogspot.com/