[C320-list] Winter layup in upstate NY

Daryl Hunt drhunt at rochester.rr.com
Thu Dec 3 16:43:53 PST 2015

I just finished putting my '99 C320 Believe through the extensive winter layup checklist from the C320 owners site.  I put off a few items until spring, including changing transmission oil, engine coolant and fuel filters.
   I had one question for other owners from the frozen north regarding the dc system.  Do you remove your batteries and store indoors or leave on board but keep charged with a smart charger on 110 AC through the shore power connection?
Bonus question.  Do you remove your binnacle compass?  I've never done that on my 3 previous boats.
Thanks, Daryl'99 C320 #660 BelieveRochester, NY