[C320-list] Winter layup in upstate NY

Kaare Wold sailor3952 at charter.net
Thu Dec 3 18:46:04 PST 2015

Based on advice from the a yard owner with decades of experience, we leave the batteries in the boat.  He recommends to completely charge the batteries, then disconnect both cables. We have followed this procedure and have no problems.  Surprisingly, the charge remains quite high over the winter with a short recharge necessary before Spring launch.  We have no solar system or plug in tender.  It takes Hercules to remove those 100#+ batteries?  Not for me.  Our compass stays in place too. Location is Sturgeon Bay, northeast Wisconsin. Outdoor covered storage. We know a thing or two about winter weather.
Kaare & Mary Wold
Sheet Music #945

Sent from my iPad