[C320-list] Wing vs Fin

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 00:57:59 PDT 2015

One other consideration is that the Wing Keel is 400lbs heavier.

On my 2006/C320 my Wing Keel Hull was 4 to 5" lower than the C320 with its
Fin 6'3" keel.

(My Slip is immediately adjacent to a C320 Fin).

As has been mentioned, the Rudder was not protected by the Wing Keel and
its pointing ability was always a concern (particularly in light air with
tidal currents).

When I searched (and bought) my Fin Keel C36, I found plenty on the US West
coast, with mostly Wing Keels on the East Coast (south of NYC).

I think the Wing Keel is only for Skinny Waters.

Bruce Stanley / Sydney Australia