[C320-list] Adding ballast

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:51:15 PDT 2015

Two years ago we added an air conditioner in the port locker. Works great.
Sorry we didn't do it sooner. However, the additional 60lbs only added to
the port list. I located a company in Baltimore that makes a product
specifically for custom molded ballast. It's a cement type product to which
you add water to create a ballast of a desired shape. I've been thinking of
adding about 100-125 lbs of ballast to the port side to compensate for the
list which is now an issue for me. I can't determine where to put the
ballast. There is no room in the battery area under the settee, nor outboard
of the holding tank. I could place some in the space under the little seat
in the aft cabin, and in the storage holes behind the head cushion in the
aft berth. Perhaps under the fuel tank, maybe in the bottom of the hanging
locker, or in the stbd storage space under the aft berth.

Anyone done this or have ideas?

Warren Updike

Towson, MD