[C320-list] Anchor Light

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Thu Jul 23 12:30:00 PDT 2015

As a matter of interest why not go for combined anchor and tricolour masthead light?
This gives you redundancy in case of a failure of the deck level nav lights.
I took the opportunity last winter when the mast was off for standing rigging replacement to change ALL bulbs to LED including the steaming and deck lights.
The previous owner had fitted a dual (stacked) tricolour and anchor at the masthead
I also replaced all in-mast cabling and of course with LED drawing so much less current you can use a substantially less expensive thinner gauge cable
Just remember that ColRegs state that if you are motoring and thus showing a steaming light, then the tricolour cannot be used!
Graeme