[C320-list] Rocna anchor

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 22:24:30 PDT 2015

We've used the 15 kg Rocna with 50 ft of (i think) 5/16" chain through two
cruising seasons and dozens of deployments and are very happy with it
w.r.t. setting, holding, and retrieving (except a little incident involving
old logging cables; very good holding....).  PO had an even larger plow so
I guess he had replaced the bail because the 15 kg Rocna just slips through
it and snugs down on the roller.  We added a piece of rubberized, adhesive
backed tape (Vycor tape) on the starboard hull where the tip of the Rocna
occasionally contacts the hull during rocking.

Satori, #398, 1997

--
Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
    genehelfman at gmail.com

"You noticed nobody gives a damn about beached minnows."