[C320-list] Rig C320 for Asyn Spinaker

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Tue Jun 9 07:53:47 PDT 2015

Ahoy,

I bought a used Asym last year, so I am by no means an expert yet. The
previous owner showed me how he rigged it, and I am mostly still using
the same setup.

The blocks for the sheets are attached to the aft cleats with lines that
are a couple of feet in length.  To keep the blocks from banging on the
deck, there are elastic shock cords tied to the block and the stern
rail.  The sheets run through the blocks and then to the primary winches.

For the tack control line, I have a block attached to the anchor
roller.  The tack is connected to an ATN Tacker.  The control line
connects to the Tacker, down through the block on the anchor roller, and
back to the forward deck cleat.  This is the part I will change.  As
soon as I get a better way of attaching the block, such as with an eye
bolt through the anchor roller, I will run the line back to the cockpit
by way of stanchion rollers, or something along those lines.

For what it is worth.

Dean Vermeire
Moonstruck II (#847)