[C320-list] Dutchman Lines

Jeffrey Kapec jkapec at tkdg.com
Tue Jun 9 12:35:08 PDT 2015

Hello Jeff:

I found the heavy monofiliment line to be very difficult to manage and
that quality further eroded over time.  Very difficult to recoil and
store when removing the main at end of season.  So I replaced my stock
lines with .093 diameter braided polyester line from West Marine.  It
fits into the stock clamps and blocks with out any modification
required. This is my third season and there is no comparison.  Much
better performance and storage in all aspects.  The only difference is
that the Dutchman line are now somewhat visible.  Its not unpleasant
aesthetic in that regard.

Jeff Kapec
Petite Suite  hull 718

---