[C320-list] MID SHIP FAIRLEADS

Ken Geiger kendgb at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 12:46:30 PDT 2015

The glass toe has a significant thickness.

On the 320 the main stanchion bolts goes through it and while the underside is not always easily accessible without removing finishing or cabinets (some locations may not be accessible at all).

You might consider using  largish self tapping screw into the depth of the toe or drilling through and nut and bolt it.  Or bolt and tapped plate on underside.  Space is limited to manipulate fingers in there to hold a flat washer, lock washer and nut in place while a helper drives the bolt or machine screw.  This I know from having to remove and straighten a bent Stanchion.  Removing and straightening was the easy part!!

I have seen a 2001 C34 Mk2 that has a jib rail on top of that toe and it used the sliding cleat there.

I am considering nut and bolting a cleat through the glass toe and dispense with the sliding cleat on the deck track that I currently use for the spring lines but your fairlead idea is worthy of consideration.

Ken Geiger
Northern Dream # 765
on Georgian Bay