[C320-list] Remove mast to replace rigging?

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 23 09:36:16 PDT 2015

Hi Larry,
How much time do you have on the current rigging?  Is this the first time
you replaced it? As I recall you sail in the ocean.  I sail on the
Chesapeake Bay, about 40 miles from the top which is fed by the Susquehanna
River which is fresh water.  There is about 180 miles from where I sail to
the bottom where the tides from the Atlantic enter the bay.  I don't
experience rust marks on any of the SS unless I sail much closer to the
bottom of the bay.  I am trying to get a sense of when I should consider
replacing the rigging.
Rod Boer, Odyssey #688