[C320-list] chain plate rebedding (was deck changes)

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Wed Mar 25 09:28:11 PDT 2015

Great write up Jim.

I'm using Butyl tape as well that I purchased from http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/boat_projects
He's got great directions for using it that are not to be missed. Particularly the ones about countersinking the bolt holes and how to ensure that through bolts don't leak.

This is the same stuff I used when I swapped my Aft cabin "escape hatch" with the main salon overhead hatch last summer because the main cabin hatch was crazed and the aft cabin one was not (and also headed off some impending leaks).

Cheers!
-Jeff Hare