[C320-list] Boat In Charter -- Practical Considerations?

Bruce Stanley brucestanley36 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 04:22:21 PDT 2015

Years ago we put in Chartered our first yacht ...

we seldom went thru a Broker .. and the one time we did.... the dinghy was
smashed, the dinette table got a big scratch and there was broken glass to
pick up.

The cost benefit over 3 years was the fact we could offset my income in
doing so.

We also had problems with a charter couple who ruined the upper furling
unit, lost half a propeller and disputed every claim.

Would I recommend it ??? truly I cannot say yes or nay ... just be aware
you really must make it financially successful.
Only you carry the costs and responsibility...

Best of Luck

BruceS

Sydney Australia