[C320-list] Re varnishing the sole

Caryl carylhunt at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 15:32:56 PDT 2015

We removed our cabin sole to refinish over the winter two years ago.  I found an article online and will try to find and post.

We carefully used a heat gun and putty knife  to remove the the existing finish.  It went quite well but you have to be careful not to burn or gouge.  The holly strips are very thin but we were able to repair where it was damaged prior to our ownership.

We used Awlgrip Spar finish.  A little pricey but very durable and I liked the gloss finish.

We also resealed the underside.  Washed and waxed the base flooring.

We applied nine or ten coats.

Caryl Hunt
Capricorn #818

Sent from my iPad