[C320-list] windlass

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 08:59:09 PDT 2015

Scott,

The part is a V .25A Ring Seal. The part number in the manual is SP 738. The new number is SP 0738. I was given a Maryland number to call for the Maxwell company but that is on the boat and I'm not (unfortunately). The number on the Maxwell site is a California area code but the address given for the office is Maryland so I'm not sure what's up. In any event, you can't order directly from Maxwell-they only sell do distributors. He said that WM or Defender could order it if the new part number (the small WM in town couldn't bring up the old number) was in their system but knew that Florida Rigging and Hydraulics would have the correct number. Their phone number is 561-863-7444. They were around $7 so I ordered a couple. Said it would take about a week since they didn't have them in stock and had to order through Maxwell. Thanks for your help-the winch is now clean, lubed, and works great-and waiting for the seal. I'll try Maxwell again when I'm at the boat to see which way the seal goes on and let you know. Seems like the flat side should go on the bottom of the shaft with the flexible part toward the cone clutch but who knows since my cone clutches were switched. .

Jim