[C320-list] windlass

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 12:03:45 PDT 2015

I talked to Maxwell today and then confirmed that the flat washer like surface of the shaft seal on the VW 500 goes toward the bottom of the shaft and the thin part goes against the lower clutch. They also said, like Scott suggested, that the grub screw in the lower clutch is to keep the clutch from raising up during use do the seal still seals. I sent the contact information for Maxwell and the new part number for the seal a couple of days ago but if anyone missed it let me know.
Jim Brown Desafinado 973