[C320-list] Aft Cabin Mattress Replacement

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue May 26 18:11:04 PDT 2015

We have the Tufted Topper on top of our factory foam mattress.  It's really nice and adds a mattress Pillow Top to the foam.  It's removable and easy to clean.   They show a C320 aft cabin in their Mainsheet magazine ad.

http://www.tuftedtopper.com/

Under the foam mattress, we have a layer of HyperVent material to prevent any moisture from collecting between the bottom of the mattress and the boards.
HyperVent does a great job of preventing the moisture buildup. I really like it and it also adds some a small amount of additional firm cushioning.  Between this and the Tufted Topper, the aft cabin bunk is really comfortable to sleep on now.

http://www.HyperventMarine.com

BTW, Hypervent is actually a product called "Enkadrain" which is an exterior drainage control fabric that this company buys and resells under their own name.  The Enkadrain with synthetic fabric on both sides costs ~$40 for enough material to do the aft cabin.  Hypervent marine sells the cheaper style with fabric only on one side at about $160 before shipping.  Pretty good markup I'd say.

Maybe there's a way to buy it direct without having to spring for 100' roll.  Even then, it's only ~$250, so split it with 3 or 4 other boats and you're ahead.  :)  It's great for lining lockers and anywhere you don't want hull condensation building up.

-Jeff