[C320-list] Electric Bilge Pump Inline Filter - Good Idea?

Amiraults Family amiraults at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 3 13:20:38 PST 2015

All:

My electric bilge pump failed to move liquid and so I have removed it on
this last day I will be at the boat before spring - having also installed
the winter cover today. Research, including looking at photos posted on the
group website reveals that some C320 came as original with a filter between
the bilge and the electric pump. 'Waltzing Bear, too' never had one.

This leads me to wonder why Catalina discontinued the practice on the C320
by the time 797 rolled off the line. The question, is there some good reason
for NOT installing a filter between the pump and the bilge come spring when
my pump will be working again?

Brian Amirault

797 Waltzing Bear, too

---