[C320-list] Transmission Problem

DennyBrowne@Verizon.net dennybrowne at verizon.net
Sat Oct 17 19:08:43 PDT 2015

My transmission is going into forward with increasing difficulty. The lever
moves fine, and I've replaced the cables twice in the lat 18 months, but the
problem is getting much worse. When pushing the lever forward, there is
little or no propulsion. We thought it was the two blade folding prop
failing to open, but checking the prop in and out of the water indicates it
works fine. Perhaps the clutch? When it does engage, it does so with a bang
(again causing us to suspect the prop), and sometimes with several
intermittent bangs at random intervals. I have little doubt that I've abused
it through the last year or so of this happening, but it's now becoming a
safety issue that must be fixed.

Anything sound familiar here? All thoughts and recommendations are
appreciated.

Denny Browne

A Cappella #935

Redondo Beach