[C320-list] Throttle Creep

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Tue Sep 8 07:46:55 PDT 2015

Kirk,

There is an adjustment in the pedestal, I believe, but my mechanic
installed a much simpler solution.

He put one of these:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4102891ZotL._SY300_.jpg

around the jacket on my throttle cable in the engine compartment. Just a
tiny bit of friction is all you need. Don't tighten it any more than
necessary. If it starts happening again, just tighten a tiny bit and
test until the "creep" stops happening. Cheap and simple, and you don't
need to disassemble your pedestal.

If you feel like using the friction adjustment inside the pedestal,
follow the instructions on page 7 here:
https://www.edsonmarine.com/support/PDFs/installation/EB396EngineControlInstr.PDF

---
Doug Treff
Catalina 320 - 1996 - September Song - #350
http://savvysailor.blogspot.com/
doug at treff.us