[C320-list] Throttle Creep

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:16:00 PDT 2015

I had the exact same problem. And like what others before this email
proposed is exactly what I did and that was to tighten the bolt on the
throttle rod.  All it needed was just a very tiny twist to do the job.
Since then no throttle creep. AND did the inspection and lube at the same
time.

Putting the compass back on was a trick as there a several pieces that need
to be lined up for the bolts to go thru. What I did was to place everything
but the compass housing on and placed all of the screws in to line them up.
Then I taped the pieces in place. Then take the bolts out and DON'T touch
the pedestal guard(?) - that stainless steel assembly that we all hang onto
in rough seas - or else the holes all go out of alignment (it took me
several times to learn this). Carefully place the compass pieces back on
and hope the bolts go into the holes.

John Meyers
Wind Chime #406
Muskegon, MI