[C320-list] Hatch Leak

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Tue Apr 12 05:00:03 PDT 2016

Joel,

I BEG you, please DON'T use silicone. It's a bad idea on an boat. The
problem is that nothing sticks to silicone. So you might fix the leak
for now but when it starts leaking again someday (and it will), you'll
have a devil of a time removing it and then the residue it leaves behind
will prevent the next sealant from bounding well enough to be
watertight.

Stick to butyl tape. Check out this tutorial on how to use the stuff
properly and you won't go wrong.

http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/rebedding_hardware&page=1

---
Doug Treff
Catalina 320 - 1996 - September Song - #350
http://savvysailor.blogspot.com/
doug at treff.us