[C320-list] Cabin sole replacement project..

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Apr 12 14:08:02 PDT 2016

Hi All,

While this isn't strictly about the C320, I posted an album of pictures for
the Cabin sole replacement project I've essentially finished for an O'Day
322 which is similar to the 320 in layout.

http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/album.php?aid=296

I used Lonwood Marine laminate purchased from Defender applied over Merranti
A/B -BS1088 marine plywood.  I believe this is what they use for floors in
the MKII and newer Catalina Yachts but they haven't confirmed it.

I spoke with the manufacture's technical department for some time about the
application I was going for and they provided a letter from Lonseal, Inc.
and Gougeon Brothers, Inc. that certifies using West Systems Epoxy thickened
with 406 silica for adhering the flooring material.

The new floor came out looking pretty good and I've even made a fitted
"winter work rug" by using my patterns so that he can protect the floor in
the off season and still access the bilge compartments when work is being
done.

So, I'd say if anyone needed a new cabin sole, this is certainly a doable
project.

Cheers,

Jeff Hare
Woodbine II #809