[C320-list] Starting Issue

Timothy Osburn tosburn1958 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:57:46 PDT 2016

I've been looking back through the old threads regarding starter issues and
there's a lot of good information, but I'm hoping someone can provide some
advice on my issue.

When I press the starter button, nothing happens for a second but then the
motor fires up.  The batteries are brand new and  fully charged and the
engine (Yanmar 3GM)  runs strong.  I was told this could be:
1) a loose or corroded connection
2) a bad solenoid
3) the starter motor

One of these days, when I press the button, nothing is going to happen and
it will most likely occur at the worst possible moment.

I should be able to isolate a bad connection, but are there test procedures
I can use to isolate whether it's a bad solenoid or the starter motor?
Does anyone have experience with this particular issue?

Thanks,

Tim
Alibi
Kent Island