[C320-list] Changing fuel filter question

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 22 04:16:03 PDT 2016

Believe it or not you take a flat blade screwdriver place it on one of the castellated slots and tap the nut loose(clockwise). Be sure to put a baggie or oil absorbent pad under the filter cannister to catch dripping fuel. Dump the fuel into a plastic container and remove the filter. put in a new filter and reverse the process.Filling the filter can with fuel makes charging the fuel system easier. Make sure the O ring seal is in good condition, good idea to replace it. When all done the RACOR secondary water/filter unit has a pump on it, castellated plastic nut; loosen this off and you will be able to pump fuel through the fuel system , loosen the bleed nut on the filter unit (the one you just replaced) and pump the RACOR until no air comes from the filter. I always pump the manual fuel pump on the engine a few times to get fuel moving through the system. You then should be good to go!!CheersJohnM1999#574