[C320-list] cabin top hood

kspir4 at cox.net kspir4 at cox.net
Mon Aug 1 09:40:39 PDT 2016

Thanks Chris but I'm fairly certain the problem is not with the friction around the rails/sides of the hatch.  It is definitely from the slight lip on the aft end of sliding hatch hanging over the hatch doors.  I have to bang it to get it up and over.  Once the lip is up and over, the hatch movement is fine.  As on Commitment, there is no way my Admiral will be able to hit it hard enough to lift it up and over the doors.  It's too bad since I installed those Zarcor doors to a perfect fit where that lip keeps any blowing rain out.
I'm also trying to get through to Catalina to see if they can shed light on the construction (did they insert a gasket like material that causes the hood to sit slightly higher?).
All I need is ~ 1/8 higher.  I'd hate to start shaving the sliding hatch to make this work right.
thanks
Ken