[C320-list] 4D Battery

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 20 13:15:24 PDT 2016

Jeffrey, I don't know what I said re. the Exide batteries in 2011. I have not used any but Interstate SRM-4D. Generally, they perform well and last 4 to 7 years with proper charging and maintenance. That said, I've had them last 4 years and 7 years under the same protocol. Life is like that.
I don't think any 4D batteries are truly "deep cycle" but the SRM-4D is more so than some others. One gross measure is weight: heavier is better. Another is 20 hour amp/hour rating, if the mfgr even posts one. It's the size/mass of the core plates that matter, a hard spec to obtain.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay