[C320-list] Port side gate stanchion replacement

Ken Geiger kendgb at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 13:26:47 PDT 2016

Hi Daryle,  I have not removed/replaced the port side gate stanchion but have done the starboard side.  It was fairly easy to remove but reinstallation was a 2 person job and required a lot of cursing and swearing, glue, tape and some special clothes hanger wire tools to hold the 1/4" washes and nuts to get them manoeuvred and the thread started. The larger 1/2" nut was by comparison easy but not that easy.  There was a fibre glass web on starboard side (maybe the same as what you are encountering that did make it much more difficult.  Cutting it out would have helped but I worried about doing that.  I also had some of the nuts and washers fall and disappear forever, so had to get spares.

Good luck

FWIW

Ken