[C320-list] Westerbeke 30B Engine

Henry LeSieur hankles at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 24 13:35:16 PDT 2016

My 1996 C-320, #331, is equipped with the Westerbekebeke 30B engine. I recently had an experience while attempting to set the anchor. The engine would not start - in fact, it was dead. Subsequent investigation determined that it had something to do with a blower switch on the pod panel that tripped the 20 amp breaker on the engine. After re-setting the breaker the engine started.
What is the purpose of a blower switch if I don't have a blower? Has anyone eliminated the blower switch to prevent future situations as I've described from occurring?
Has anyone relocated the position of the breaker that makes it easier to access?
Thanks, in advance
Hank LeSieurCamelot #331