[C320-list] Port side gate stanchion replacement

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 05:54:30 PDT 2016

if your electrical panel and radio are on the port side, it is easy to run the wiring thru the cabinetry and port locker to the back of the boat.

    On Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:59 PM, Daryl Hunt <drhunt at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

 That's what I figured...  Thanks for the replies Pat & Ken!  Next
project is installing a new VHF with RAM mic.  I just bought a Standard
Horizon GX2200 Matrix VHF with GPS/DSC/AIS and the RAM3+ Mic.  Pretty
good deal from The GPS Store.com with a $40 mail-in rebate.  Should be
interesting to see how easy/difficult it will be to run the new 24'
cable to the helm!

/fair winds,

Daryl/
Daryl Hunt
C320 #660 Believe
Rochester, NY / Lake Ontario

On 8/25/2016 2:16 PM, pat reynolds wrote:
> if you are talking about the curved fiberglass molding, you can cut away an opening as this is covered by the wood strip.  this is the only way to access any of the stanchion bolts
>
>      On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:04 PM, Daryl Hunt <drhunt at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
>

> Just noticed cracks in the weld and bend in my port side gate stanchion, the one shaped like an "h".  Bought a new one from Cat Direct.  Removed the microwave to access the forward bolts (easy).  The aft bolts are in the cupboard aft of the microwave but there's a molded in cover for the wiring harness that makes it impossible to get to the bolts.  Has anyone run into this problem?  Thought I'd check before cutting a hole in the cover.
> thanks, DarylDaryl HuntC320 #660 BelieveRochester, NY / Lake Ontario

---