[C320-list] Stereo

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Wed Feb 17 05:10:19 PST 2016

You need to keep it as high as possible.  There's more room towards the top.  If you look for stereos that don't have DVD/CD players, you can find shallower versions.  I'd suggest looking for a Bluetooth compatible system with both front panel USB plug/audio input as well as back panel usb plug and aux audio input.

Then you can dump your music onto a super mini USB memory stick and play directly from that.  Back panel USB/Aux audio input means you can run a wire into your nav station and plug in your iPad, phone or other audio device and have it play through the stereo.

CDs are dead, don't bother, they're power hungry and a single tiny 32gb memory stick can hold more music than you can listen to in a week.
Also, stay away from removable front panel systems.  The contacts don't hold up well in marine environments.

Look for a stereo that has a display that allows you to intelligently scroll through and find your music on the memory stick.

Wireless remote is nice and if you can find one that is not I/R then you won't have to have clear line of sight to the stereo unit in order to use the remote.

Those are my suggestions... :)

-Jeff Hare