[C320-list] Slipping

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Tue Feb 23 19:42:59 PST 2016

> The Marina has a dedicated slip.yacht is placed on a trolly
> then hauled out of the water.
> Stays on "the hard" for 3/4 days whilst the anti-fouling etc is done.
> Usually done every 12 months.
> Legal requirement in most parts of Aus.

John,

Admittedly my boat has a fin keel but when it was hauled at Cammeray Marina
in Sydney, which has quite a steep slip, they tied the front of the boat
down to the haul out carriage to prevent any rear tipping.  Stayed that way
while they worked on it and overnight while it all dried out without any
problem.  The only difficulty was my sleeping on board overnight as the
angle proved a challenge ;-)

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141