[C320-list] May track installation

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Jul 5 09:56:30 PDT 2016

Warren,

I used tape as a depth stop for this application, specifically because the T-Track is anodized and you really don't want the drill bit to scratch the track.  I just used a single round of Duct tape on the bit and it's obvious when you're through. A depth stop isn't really needed here and would be a lot of extra work needed to protect the anodizing of the track.

Since you're drilling up the center line of the mast there's nothing inside the mast to be damaged and again it's obvious when you about to punch through.  I just tightened all 4 halyards so there would be no chance of snagging a halyard (not that this is even remotely possible, just overly cautious).

-Jeff