[C320-list] Holding Tank Flooding

Kaare Wold sailor3952 at charter.net
Tue Jul 19 13:25:12 PDT 2016

Skippers,  Recently we noticed that our holding tank fills with water when
at rest at the dock.  At first, thought our dock attendants failed to pump
out.  We have an AccuGage digital monitor on all tanks.  Love that setup!
We had the tank pumped, while we were present,  and as the tank was being
pumped out, I could see the AccuGage digital level drop from 3/4 to 1/2 down
to empty. A couple days later, it was back to 3/4 full without any personal
use whatsoever.  The macerator thruhull had been open all the time, although
we never use that device.  All thruhull are opened for winter layup and I
never closed it after spring launch.  I now closed the thruhull, had the
tank pumped out again and.....bingo...,  the tank remained empty.  Any ideas
from our knowledgeable group???   Could there be a check valve in the
macerator pump that is leaking?    Looking for some suggestions or comments
from someone that may have experienced the same problem.  Thanks to all for
your comments.
Kaare & Mary Wold
Sheet Music, #945  Sturgeon Bay, WI