[C320-list] Holding Tank Flooding

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 13:40:02 PDT 2016

The holding tank is below the waterline.  I bet it is filling through the macerator pump.

I always keep the holding tank through hull closed unless we are using the macerate pump.  It is a pin in the neck to access, but I would not want to trust our boat to a check valve within a macerator pump.

I would close this valve, especially since you use a dock attendant to pump the system.

Dave

S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK  II, No. 1107
Mukilteo, Washington

David B. Swanson, P.E., S.E.
Principal, LEED AP, F. SEI
Director, Structural Engineering

Reid Middleton, Inc.
(425) 741-3800 office
(425) 741-5011 direct
(425) 508-7971 mobile

www.reidmiddleton.com

Washington | California | Hawaii | Alaska