[C320-list] Holding Tank Flooding

Onat Dogruer onat_s at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 06:54:30 PDT 2016

Just an observation- #546 has the similar set up and I have done a few off-shore passages, including in somewhat rough seas with the holding tank through hull open, and never had a back fill problem. I found that if the through hull is left open, the macerator takes a bit longer to prime after rough seas but that was it.  It is a good habit to keep it closed any other times; less to worry about.

I don't think there is a loop or a check-valve.  The impeller pump creates vacuum on the other side and if the impeller is worn out, maybe it could let water pass through without running. Just like any other impeller pumps, the impeller might need servicing.  Although, now that I think about this project, I would rather replace the whole macerator than opening it up :)

-Onat