[C320-list] Fwd: Impeller housing leak.

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 08:32:20 PDT 2016

I'll build on Jeff's comments about the worn plate...in our case, back in
the1980's, we had a worn pump that became problematic during a cruise and a
replacement pump couldn't be obtained in a timely fashion. So we glued a
pieces of 400/ 600/ 800 grit wet/dry sandpaper to glass and progressively
sanded out the grooves in the cover plate. With a new impeller, this was
more than adequate to proceed and we saved the old pump as an adequate
emergency spare after installing the replacement when it arrived.

CB
Commitment, #867

Chris Burti
Farmville, NC