[C320-list] 150% Genoa

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Jul 26 15:14:50 PDT 2016

We purchased a new 135 last year from North Sails.  They put in a rope luff.
So, it actually has 3 ropes sewn side by side into pockets.  One long one
near the foil, a slightly shorter one next to that and an even shorter one
next to that.  When furled, these ropes do a good job of taking in the extra
belly and leaving the sail much flatter when reefing.

It reefs SO MUCH BETTER than our old stock sail that had no such thing.
Reefed to 100/110 it flattens out very nicely and lets us point in higher.
So, basically, we can be sloppy with our sail handling and still point with
good speed.

-Jeff Hare