[C320-list] New lines

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Thu Jun 16 08:58:50 PDT 2016

You'd be so surprised how easy it really is to make really strong splices in lines, both braided and 3 strand.

You don't need any special tools for 3 strand.  Masking tape, Sharp Scissors and an Awl or marlinspike.  Braided line helps to have a fid, but I've seen it done with just an awl or piece of stiff wire and some tape.

Look up some YouTube videos from New England Ropes and see for yourself.

I will caution you that you might soon find everything on your boat spliced whether it needs it or not... :)

-Jeff