[C320-list] Leaky fuel tank?

Marek Fluder marekf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 06:21:55 PDT 2016

Rick,

Thank you for your advice.
Fuel was pooling at the lowest (forward port) corner of the tank before
overflowing the foot-frame that secures the tank in place.
In the past I have sealed my leaky sender unit on the top of the tank
(another common issue).
This time I did not see any evidence of any leaks from the fittings, hoses
and the side walls therefore I concluded it must be the corner or the
bottom where I cannot see without pulling the tank.
I have snapped some pictures.
<http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/album.php?aid=297&page=1>
Your idea of pressurizing the tank partially filled is going to be my next
step.
I would like to have a clear evidence before dropping close to $1000CAD for
a new tank...

Thanks again.

Marek
2005 #1028