[C320-list] Leaky fuel tank?

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Thu Jun 23 06:03:55 PDT 2016

I'll add a bit of info as well.  The original tanks from the older hulls (mine included #809) were thinner than the ones they used in the higher hull numbers.  Based on your hull number I wouldn't expect a tank leak unless you had some metal debris in contact with the tank somewhere.  Then you can count on a hole developing there at some point.

If your tank is still out of the boat, you might do what I did with my new tank before you reinstall.
Here are a few pictures of my fuel tank project.  This tank is my new 23gal design (vs the 19 gallon stock tank) and required adjusting the mounting frame due to the new footprint.  I also used the opportunity to clean up the routing of all the hoses, vents and wires.

http://tinyurl.com/C320FuelTank

-Jeff Hare