[C320-list] Leaky fuel tank?

Marek Fluder marekf at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 05:27:46 PDT 2016

​Guy,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I have determined at this point that the tank is not at fault - put 5 gal
of diesel in it, pressurized then checked placing the tank on all sides
(excluding the top, but I do not anticipate this scenario...)
I have to settle for the conclusion that you came to  - it will remain a
mystery.
I feel that most likely the cause in my case was one of the hose-tank
connections leaking when the boat is heeled substantially and the tank
could shift a bit putting the strain on it.
My tank had only about about 5 gallons in it when I observed this, so
overfilling was not the culprit.
One benefit out of this exercise was learning that my fuel gauge shows 1/2
full with 5 gallons left...

Kind regards,
Marek
2005 #1028