[C320-list] Shifter

DianeFlr at aol.com DianeFlr at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 07:53:23 PST 2016

Does anyone know the part #?  I would like to order a new cable  ....  get
it from Catalina?

OR WHERE?   thanks again,

S/V  Windy City #948

Captain Diane Fowler,
CRS, GRI, e-PRO
Gulf Coast  Realty Network

Cell: 239-850-4935

www.CapeCoralhomes.com

In a message dated 3/2/2016 9:45:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
doug at treff.us writes:

Rick,

My cable snapped right at the end where the  swaged end meets the cable
in the binnacle. When I looked at things in the  engine room I could not
see any problems. It was only when I disassembled  the binnacle that I
found the issue. Did not do a root cause analysis. The  shifter handle
operates smoothly and did not seem to need new bushings or  anything. It
was my opinion that it was just old age that caused the break.  In the
two seasons since the cable was replaced, I have experienced no  issues.

I have since made it a habit of doing the annual maintenance  recommended
by Edson which includes greasing the linkage and I have seen no  evidence
of corrosion during those inspections.

My boat lives on  the upper Chesapeake Bay, which is brackish, and not
very salty compared to  the ocean. We're somewhere between fresh and
salty.

---
Doug  Treff
Catalina 320 - 1996 - September Song -  #350
http://savvysailor.blogspot.com/
doug at treff.us