[C320-list] genoa and spinnaker halyards

Dave Ouimette drouimette at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 16:35:56 PST 2016

I am hoping someone could enlighten me as to the function of two small rollers that exist at the forward edge of the mast just below the masthead of my 1995 C320. They sit immediately above the blocks through which the genoa halyard and a spare halyard run. Currently, the spinnaker halyard runs over the top of one of the rollers and the roller is worn. I suspect the spinnaker halyard was run over this roller (by a prior owner) to elevate it and avoid snagging the fiberglass collar of the spinnaker sock under the genoa roller furler mechanism near the top of the mast. The mast does not have a spinnaker crane so this makes some sense but I don't know for sure. Does anyone have information about this?

Dave
Hull 174