[C320-list] Circuit breaker ratings?

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 00:56:02 PDT 2016

Does anyone know what the miniature circuit breakers on the Mk 1  electrical panel are rated at - i.e at what amperage do they pop open?

I am installing a below deck autopilot and this powers the linear drive (max draw 15A) , the instrument network and the drive clutch (max 2A) when needed. the fuse in the unit is 20amp .

I have run new heavy gauge power wires to support this current and was thinking of connecting this to my now otherwise unused Nav/Com switch on the panel; but I see that the way the panel is organised there are three items that run through a single breaker. (I have already wired all the comms to a separate switch)

Am I likely to blow the breaker if I do this. Should I have a dedicated power feed through a separate breaker or fuse?

Thanks

Graeme
#366, Jaskar, 1996, England

I work irregular hours and often write emails late in the evening and at weekends; that doesn’t mean I expect you to do the same; reply when convenient!